Terms & Conditions
HOLYROOD DISTILLERY BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (CONSUMER)
Any Person Booking And/Or Visiting Holyrood Distillery Are Subject To The Following Terms And Conditions.
ON THE SCHEDULED TOUR DAY:
- On the day of the visit tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Your booking reference number can be found on your printed ticket or e-ticket; and must be produced as proof of the booking on the day of your visit, and must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
- We ask all ticket holders to arrive at our admissions entrance 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the tour.
- If there are any concerns on the day that you will not arrive on time, please contact the booking and enquiries team 0131 285 8973 and they will advise the best option available.
- Holyrood Distillery reserves the right to refuse entry to any ticket holder who arrives after the scheduled tour time.
- Bookings will not be refunded or transferred should a ticket holder arrive late for their scheduled tour. If you arrive with less people than originally booked you will still be charged for all tickets purchased.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to check prior to the conclusion of the purchase that the information supplied in respect to the online ticketing is accurate.
- If inaccurate information is supplied this may result in additional charges or voiding of the online ticket.
- Any additional visitors wishing to attend a paid for tour/experience/event with someone who has purchased online tickets will be required to pay the standard entrance fees.
- Online tickets must be purchased by midnight the day before the intended visit date and must only be used on the day and time selected at the time of purchase
- One online ticket date change is permitted provided 48 hours advance notice is given.
Tickets are valid for one entry to Holyrood Distillery, for the tour/experience/event time and date as detailed on the ticket/e-ticket – or unless otherwise clearly stated.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party. For the purposes of ticket purchases, the following definitions shall apply:I. Adult Means A Person Aged From 18 Years To 59 Years Old Inclusive.II. Student Means A Person Aged From 18 Years And Above, Who Holds A Valid Student Identification Card.III. Child Means A Person Aged From 5 Years Old To 17 Years Old Inclusive. Please Note That Anyone Under The Age Of 18 Years Must Be Accompanied By A Responsible Person Aged 18 Years Or Older. Anyone Under The Age Of 18 Years Old Will Not Be Served Or Permitted To Consume Any Alcohol As Part Of The Visitor Experience Or Tour At Holyrood Distillery.IV. Infant Means A Child Ages 4 Years Old Or Under.
V. Concession Means A Senior Citizen, Student, Registered Disabled Or EH Postcode, Valid Proof Required. Senior Citizen Means A Person Aged 60 Years Old And Above. Student Means A Person Who Is In Full Time Education.VI. Disability Means A Physical Or Mental Impairment That Has A Substantial And Long-Term Negative Effect On A Persons Ability To Do Normal Daily Activities Within The Meaning Of The Equality Act 2010.
VII. Carer Means A Person Who Accompanies A Disabled Person For The Purpose Of Providing Them Necessary Support And Assistance With The Accessibility To The Distillery. A Maximum Of One Carer Is Permitted Onto A Tour Free Of Charge With Accompanying Someone With Additional Needs.
VIII. Group Means A Party Of 10 Or More People Purchasing Tour Tickets, Including Adult, Children And Concessions. Proof Of Entitlement For Certain Ticket Types May Be Required For Entry.
- Ticket holders must arrive at the Holyrood Distillery admissions entrance at least 10 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket (scheduled tour time).
- Should you miss your allocated time slot, entrance cannot be guaranteed, and no refund shall be given.
- Tickets may only be changed or replaced at the discretion of Holyrood Distillery; and are otherwise completely non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Unless explicitly stated by Holyrood Distillery, any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
- Tickets can not be resold. If Holyrood Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the Holyrood Distillery tour without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change, however all pre booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
HOLYROOD DISTILLERY GROUP BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (GROUPS)
Any Group Booking And/Or Visiting Holyrood Distillery Are Subject To The Following Terms And Conditions.
ON THE SCHEDULED TOUR DAY:
- On the day of your visit, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Groups must arrive at our admissions entrance 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the tour.
- If there are concerns on the day that your group will not arrive on time, please contact the booking and enquiries team on 0131 285 8973 and they will advise the best option available.
- Holyrood Distillery reserves the right to refuse entry to any group arriving after their scheduled tour time.
- Bookings will not be refunded or transferred should a group/person arrive late for their scheduled tour.
- Groups arriving with less people than originally booked will still be charged for all tickets.
- To qualify for the group booking discount and benefits there must be 10 or more persons, and they must pre-book their visit at least 7 days in advance.
- Groups who reduce their numbers to less than 10 persons will be charged the standard admission rate, and will not be eligible for group discounts or benefits.
- All bookings will remain provisional until a full payment has been received, once a full payment has been received you will receive a booking confirmation in writing
- All provisional bookings will be re-released to the public 7 days prior to the arrival date.
- To amend your booking please contact the booking and enquiries team on 0131 285 8973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – this must be done 48 hours before the scheduled tour time otherwise we can not guarantee availability.
- The Holyrood Distillery tour has a maximum capacity of 20 people, the Enhanced Experiences (Whisky/Gin) tour has a maximum capacity of 20 people and the Head Distiller tour has a maximum capacity of 12 people.
- If your group is less than the specific capacity the remaining spaces will be sold to the general public unless you choose to have a private tour.
- Any groups wishing to bring a translator will be required to book a private tour.
- If you wish to book a private tour please contact our booking and enquiries team on 0131 285 8973 or email email@example.com
- Group booking cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the arrival time.
- Holyrood Distillery retains discretion to determine if a late cancellation will be charged.
- Standard fees for late cancellation are 100% of the booking.
- To cancel your booking please call 0131 285 8973.
- Groups who do not arrive for their tour will not receive a refund on their tickets or have the option to transfer their booking.
- Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so.
- If we have to make a significant change or cancel the booking, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- We can potentially offer the group one of the following options:
- Accepting the changed arrangement option.
- Or purchasing an alternative ticket from us; if you purchase an alternative ticket that is less expensive than what you originally paid, we will refund you the difference.
- If the ticket rate is higher, we will not ask you to pay the extra amount.
- Or accepting the cancellation in which you will receive a refund of the money paid for the booking.
- We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
HOLYROOD DISTILLERY CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND LIABILITY (CONSUMER AND GROUPS)
Any Person Booking And/Or Visiting Holyrood Distillery Are Subject To The Following Terms Of Entry.
REGULATIONS OF TOUR/EXPERIENCE ENTRY:
- We encourage visitors to take and share photos during their visit to Holyrood Distillery, however, it is essential that visitors follow the instructions of their guide during the course of their visit to minimise delays and disruptions to tours, and to also be aware of any health and safety concerns.
- Only persons or organisations authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any goods or services to visitors on Holyrood Distillery premises.
- There is no car-park at Holyrood Distillery.
- As a city centre attraction, visitors are encouraged to arrive via public transport or as pedestrians.
- Blue badge holders/registered disabled vehicles can pick up and drop off in or car park area.
- These must be reserved in advanced at the time of the booking by contacting our booking and enquiries team on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0131 285 8973.
- We can not take any responsibility for any damage or loss to your vehicle.
- As a licensed premises, Holyrood Distillery reserves the right to refuse admission or remove from the Distillery without a refund. We will not tolerate the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards staff or other visitors on site.
- Holyrood Distillery reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any group/person. Including but not exclusive to the following who:I. Arrives Late For Their Scheduled TourII. Is Suspected To Be Under The Influence Of Drugs Or AlcoholIII. Does Not Respect The Visitor Experience Safety RegulationsIV. Behaves In An Inappropriate Manner I.E. Is Disruptive To Other GuestsV. Compromises The Health And Safety Of Other Visitors, Staff Or Themselves.
VI. Uses Verbal Or Physical Threats Or Insults To Towards Any Member Of Staff.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into Holyrood Distillery, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched
- In accordance with the Scottish Law smoking is strictly prohibited inside and outside building/courtyard area.
- Pets and animals are prohibited, with the exception of guide dogs, hearing or other registered assistance dogs. Proof of registration must be provided on request. Assistance dogs in training are not permitted.
- Holyrood Distillery will endeavour to ensure that the tour/experience is open for use by visitors. However, Holyrood Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure Holyrood Distillery will issue visitors with a rescheduled tour, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
- You acknowledge that you will be liable to us for any damage caused by you to the site or to any of its contents or for any injury caused to any of our staff or representatives or to other visitors during your visit.
- You should also agree that:I. Where You The Organiser Of A Group, You Shall Be Jointly Liable For Any Damage Caused By The Visitors In Your Group; AndII. Where You The Responsible Adult You Shall Also Be Liable For Any Children That You Accompany.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by that of our employees or other liability that cannot, as a matter of law be excluded or limited:I. We Exclude Out Liability For Any Loss, Damage, Cost Or Expense Suffered By You Or Occurring To Any Items Belonging To You As A Result Of Your Visit; AndII. Our Liability To You Shall Be To The Price Of Your Admission. Under No Circumstances Will Be Liable To You Or To Any Third Party For Consequential Or Indirect Loss, Damage Or Expense.
- We will not be liable for any breaches of the conditions arising from any event outside our control, including (but not limited to) fire, flood, storm or strikes.
In purchasing as a private individual from The Holyrood Distillery Ltd. website, you agree that the terms and conditions set out below govern the relationship between Holyrood Distillery and yourself. They apply whether or not the purchase was made through our website, over the phone, through email or through any app that Holyrood Distillery may make available.
“Holyrood Distillery” or “we” or “us” is The Holyrood Distillery Ltd., a company registered in Scotland as SC531337. Our registered address is c/o WJM LLP, The Capital Building, 12/13 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 2AF, Scotland.
“You” or the “Consumer” are a private individual of legal drinking age in your jurisdiction of residence purchasing product from Holyrood Distillery for personal consumption and not for commercial use or resale.
- Our products We sell a variety of products through our website. At times we may change labelling or packaging and the products that appear on our website may not be exactly the same as what you receive. If you are unhappy with what you receive, please contact us within seven days with any concerns. If you remain unhappy after contacting us, the product may be returned in accordance with our returns policy as set out in section 5 below.
- Purchasing in the UK or elsewhere? It is illegal in the UK for any person under the age of 18 to buy (or to attempt to buy) alcohol for themselves or for any other person under the age of 18, or for an adult to buy (or to attempt to buy) alcohol for any person under the age of 18. Accordingly, you may only use our website and purchase product for delivery in the UK if none of the above restrictions apply.For purchases and delivery to Consumers outside the UK, you agree with and promise Holyrood Distillery that by placing an order with us, you are in full compliance with local law governing the purchase, sale and delivery of alcohol. We are entitled to rely on this agreement and promise to us in defending ourselves against any claim or charge of unlawful purchase and you agree to fully indemnify and compensate Holyrood Distillery for any costs incurred by ourselves in defending against such claim or charge.
If a mistake is made on our part prior to shipment of the product to you, either due to stock levels or prices being incorrect, we will refund you in full, however, you agree you have no further claim against us.
We use private couriers to deliver our products. Delivery will take place when the product is physically accepted by you or, if no one is available at your address to take delivery, delivery will take place when the package containing the product is left in a safe place at the delivery address (including with a neighbour). Depending on the circumstances, some couriers may leave a note requiring you to re-arrange delivery.In the case of international deliveries, you agree that you are responsible for any import duties, taxes or other charges of any kind that may apply.
- Returns and refundsa) As a purchaser of a product in the UK, you have certain rights under Consumer Rights Act 2015. You have the right to cancel an order for any product within 14 days of ordering. If you have received the product and it is faulty and cannot be replaced, you have six months to get a full refund if you return the faulty product to us. Further information on your consumer rights may be found here.
If you wish to cancel your order for a product within 14 days of your order, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You must include your name and address and any details regarding the order of the product (e.g. order number, etc.) in your email so that we can find the order.
b) If the product has not been dispatched to you then the order will be cancelled, and a refund will be processed as soon as possible. If you have received the product already or it is in transit to you, you must return the product to us in good condition prior to receiving the refund. You are responsible for any cost of returning the product to us safely. If the product is returned to us damaged due to faulty packaging on your part, we reserve the right to refuse a refund.
c) If a product is damaged such that it cannot be used or in a way that materially decreases its value when it arrives (e.g. a damaged label), please let us know right away at firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide pictures and/or a description in your email of the damage. You have the choice of either accepting the damaged goods and agreeing to compensation for the damage from Holyrood Distillery or returning the product to us. In the case of a product that is broken when received by you, you agree that acceptable compensation is the replacement of a such broken product or, if such product is no longer available, a refund.
If we cannot agree with you on compensation, or you decide to return the damaged product to us, then we will, once the damaged product is received by us, refund to you the price paid by you together with the cost of shipping the product back to us.
d) We are not responsible for refunding any import duties, taxes or other charges of any kind that may have been charged in your country of residence.
- Our responsibilitya) Holyrood Distillery accepts responsibility for any faulty product that is delivered to you, for non-compliance with these terms and with our own negligence, and we accept responsibility for any foreseeable loss that you may suffer as a result. However, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (that is, any loss is not an obvious consequence of our breach) nor do we accept responsibility for loss of profit or any other economic damage and, in ordering, you waive any such claims against us.
b) We are not responsible for events that are not in our control (e.g. delays in shipment due to a third party carrier), and you agree that our obligations under these terms and conditions are suspended to the extent that they may be delayed or made impossible by any events that are not in our control. During any suspension that lasts longer than 21 days from the date of order, you may cancel your order and receive a refund as set out above
- Other important things to notea) Any failure or delay on our part in enforcing any rights under these terms and conditions shall not be interpreted as a waiver of such rights and your obligation to comply with them.
b) You agree that our terms and conditions are governed by Scottish Law and that the courts of Scotland have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
c) If a court holds that any of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, that does not invalidate any other terms or conditions, all of which shall continue to apply.