Vacancy - BOOKEEPER
Holyrood Distillery is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our team.
Main duties are:
- processing sales/purchase invoices, receipts and payments
- weekly supplier payments: manage payments in accordance with payment terms
- bank reconciliations: manage reconciliations between Xero and other systems
- manage staff expenses
- maintaining appropriate and up-to-date financial records for the organisation, both online and in hard copy
- manage and maintain (and set-up where necessary) appropriate financial information systems – pursue continuous improvement and efficiencies in financial information systems and practices
- assisting with cashflow analysis and other ad-hoc reporting
- assisting managers to track against budgets
- previous experience of working in a bookkeeping role/assistant accountant
- AAT or equivalent accounting background
- experience of setting up new processes, policies and procedures
- first class communication skills, both written and verbal
- excellent working knowledge of Xero and MS Office
Preferred experience and attributes:
- experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, etc.)
- a team player, while also being self-directed and able to make decisions when required
- highly organised, able to meet deadlines and attentive to detail
- someone who finishes what they start
- willing to muck in
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Deadline 9 August 2019.